Change With the New iPod OS 4
Have you recently bought iPod Touch third generation device. Let me inform you that it is already obsolete. Don’t panic. Your iPod can have the latest iPhone OS 4 very soon to make the most of your smart, trendy gadget. Apple has turned on its innovative senses this time to enable the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users experience the technology at its best. Soon after the product Launch of iPad, Apple has officially announced the arrival of iPhone OS 4.
Multitasking at Last
You must be excited to know the details by now after having read the headlines! So, lets get into it a little deeper. Haven’t you always wanted to run more applications at a given time on your Apple device? Apple says that it provides the users with several services under the multitasking umbrella:
- One can run background audio apps like Pandora while reading the e-mails at the same time.
- You can accept calls even when the VoIP app is inactive.
- Similarly, GPS can be left running in the background while you browse the internet. Your location will be intimated by your device irrespective of the active app.
- Local notifications pop up for apps running in the background effectively enabling you to keep track of all the running applications.
- Task completion facilitates the completion of a task which was started before switching to a new app.
- Switching in between apps has been made far easier with multitasking, as any running app can be made active at just a single click.
This multitasking technique is bound to save resources and battery life, claims Apple.
- Folders: The home screen grid-like appearance of your iPod is resolved through this new feature wherein 2160 apps can be organized into folders by simple drag-and-drop.
- Better mail: A unified inbox is provided to access e-mails from all different accounts and open attachments in third party apps.
- iBooks: Browse, check reviews or read first chapter before buying books online from iBookStore.
- Your iPod Touch apps can be incorporated with over 1500 new APIs:
- Calendar Access: You can create your own recurring events with Event Kit.
- SMS : Enables you to create SMS messages from inside an app
- Photo Library: Through the Media Library API, apps can access the user videos and photos directly.
- Video playback: A full programmatic control over the video playback and capture is now available with the user.
- Routes and maps: The map app provides you with the freedom of overlaying the map with desired routes and directions.
If all this isn’t too much to digest then lend an ear to this:
Through Apple’s mobile advertising platform, it will sell and serve the ads and give 60% of iAD revenue to developers.
To top it all:
By the end of this year you can become a part of the Apple’s social gaming network. You can not only play with your friends on your iPod Touch, but can share games and compare scores.
Begin counting the number of days left for upgrading your iPod Touch with the amazing software OS 4. Your experience of your using the iPod will not only change forever, but will give you the freedom to express yourself with that techie device in more than one ways.