Yes, you read that correct. The E-Ink technology is no more limited to e-Book Readers like Kindle, but experimental heads like Seiko are going beyond the’ impossible’. It is not the first time that Seiko has launched an E-Ink watch, but this time by implementing advanced technology the concept watch, Seiko Active Matrix EPD, is all set to reach the retail outlets.
How does it work?
Seiko has successfully integrated the high resolution active matrix E-Ink screen technology in its watch. Following are the three highlights of its efficient functioning:
- Great display: This non-analog quartz timepiece doesn’t have a name yet, but the term EPD in its present name stands for “Electrophoretic Display”. It is the preferred method of using E-Ink technology. You are gifted with an easy-to-read screen with a clear display.
- Battery not required: The active matrix display in the Seiko EPD watch allows the screen to refresh itself “actively”. This facilitates in displaying information on the screen without draining the battery. If you change the display it is then that the battery is used. Moreover, this exquisite digital watch is powered through a solar cell!
- Always accurate time: Seiko Active Matrix EPD watch is radio controlled. It receives local time from the nearest atomic clock. Accurate time is guaranteed for you if you select Seiko’s watch over the analog one.
Check out these amazing features of Seiko E-Ink timepiece:
- LED light to see the screen in the dark
- Power reserve of 9 months and 41 months when in ‘sleep’ mode
- Perpetual calendar with year, month, date and day of week
- Dual time function
- Alarm settings
- World time in 32 cities
- Sound demonstration function
- Battery level indicator
- Overcharge prevention function
If you are a wrist watch connoisseur and love collecting timepieces then you can’t escape Seiko’s trap. If you desire to wear a digital watch with retro looks, yet innovative at technology then be on alert for the grand launch of Seiko Active Matrix EPD watch. It is not going to be highly priced and the year end is round the corner when the E-Ink watch will hit the market.