BlackBerry PlayBook – Ready To Beat iPad?
Well, compare some specs, and it would seem so! RIM has declared an open war. If you are still clueless then just think. To begin with, when some big-shots start flooding the market with a similar product with some tweaks here-n-there then what happens. Yes, healthy competition increases, and we as customers get the best of the lot. I am talking about the world of tablets. Market is already witnessing sparks flying rave with the announcement of BlackBerry PlayBook tablet by RIM, and more so, as Apple’s iPad is going to face a tough call.
Smaller Screen Increases Portability
Are you already comparing iPad with PlayBook. Anyway, just check out the following details:
- RIM’s new gadget measures 5.1”x7.6”x0.4” and weighs less than a pound which is much lighter and slimmer than iPad.
- The 7” LCD (iPad has 9.7” display) is a WSVGA capacitive multi-touch screen with gesture support.
- The tablet is ultra thin and portable. It can be easily packed into your briefcase without having to worry about the weight.
iPad’s Pain Points Are Highlights Of PlayBook
RIM is targeting the business customer through its BlackBerry tablet. It features not only corporate applications and advanced data-security features, but ensures that the device is convenient for both, work and play.
- BlackBerry PlayBook provides you with uncompromised, true web experience as it supports Flash Player 10.1. Adobe Mobile AIR and HTML 5 (iPad has been criticized for not supporting Flash).
- The premium multimedia features make it all the more attractive with dual HD cameras – 3MP front facing and 5MP rear facing – supporting 1080p HD video recording along with video and audio playback.
- Interestingly the BlackBerry OS 6 of BlackBerry Torch is replaced by BlackBerry Tablet OS which is QNX’s software.
- You can connect the BlackBerry Tablet using Wi-Fi hotspots and easily sync it with the BlackBerry Smartphone using Bluetooth.
This BlackBerry device may prove as an innovative game-changing product for this growing niche market. So, keep your ears opened for the announced date when BlackBerry PlayBook will be available for you to purchase. If you are not a die-hard fan of iPad then you are bound to lay your hands on this amazing gadget.