Toshiba Libretto W100 – You Too Missed The Train?
Now, you can’t blame Amazon or Toshiba for your laziness! Amazon says clearly that the device has been sold out. Are there some out there who are wondering what gibberish is this all about? Let me clear that I am talking about Toshiba’s ‘Concept PC’ Libretto W100. It is the latest feather in Tosh’s cap of innovation to have introduced a dual-screen ultra-mobile laptop.
Surprised? Well, well it is a cute little gadget and really hot (it gets pretty hot!) which being a concept was brought out in limited numbers for the ‘early adopters’ of this technology.
Dual-Screen is Fun to Work With
It is truly amazing to work on a laptop with two 7inch multi-touch capacitive touch-screens. Appearing like a Nintendo DS with a horde of functionalities, this flamboyant gadget offers you the flexibility of opening it up-to 180 degrees.
Both the screens can be made to work together or independently, as you choose. You can expand one window to appear on both the screens. You can use one window to play a game and the other to keep your social network updated. Alternatively, one screen can be used to work on a document and simultaneously, the other can be used to check e-mails. Moreover, you can use the bottom screen as a keyboard to your convenience
What more, the in-built 3D accelerometer enables Toshiba Libretto W100 to rotate the screen and make your laptop behave as an e-reader.
Six Virtual Keyboard Modes!
The next-gen ultra-portable PC facilitates you with an array of keyboard modes option with haptic response along with a virtual touch-pad. Split thumb mode is most comfortable to use from amongst the rest – full, simple and numeric 10-key. It is easy and faster to type on this device.
- Libretto W100 sports 1.2GHz Intel Pentium U5400 processor with 2GB of RAM, 64GB SSD, and Windows 7 Home Premium as the operating system.
- 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth are the built-in connectivity features.
- Toshiba’s Libretto also provides with one USB 2.0 port and a MicroSD card slot unlike iPad.
- Toshiba has provided its concept PC with many custom applications, but it can interact with Microsoft Office apps and Skype video calling as well.
- There is a 1.0megapixel HD webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition.
- With Toshiba Bulletin Board you can personalize your desktop and experience faster access of the common tasks and activities.
Even if you have missed the chance of owning this next-gen twin screen laptop, Toshiba Libretto W100 has helped you to keep your eyes wide open for similar products which may flood the market pretty soon with improved technology and enhanced features.